What is the span of our wooden elements?
The full span of a structure built in Gablok is equal to that of a traditional house.
Walls with insulated wooden blocks
The compressive strength of a wall with insulated wooden block is 150 kN/m.
Lintels, beams and floor elements
The lintels are the closing elements above the doors and frames.
Our longest lintels are 240 cm long. The beams have a very important span and they fit within the project.
The floor elements have a full span of 4.80 m. However, it is possible to increase this span by interposing a beam.
In terms of payload, the floor elements allow a load of 250 kg/m².
Other frequently asked questions?
- What materials make up a self-build block?
- What does the Gablok self-build flat-pack timber house kit include?
- What is the span of our wooden components?
- Can self-build blocks be used to build any size house?
- How do the different insulated wooden blocks fit together? Do Gablok blocks require a joint?